Flinders University, Australia
Associate Professor – Academic Level D
Funerary rituals in prehistoric Sicily between archaeology, anthropology, and medicine: a metanalysis from the Upper.
• MD by training, medical historian and palaeopathologist, author of over 200 publications in respected international venues.
• His scientific specialty is the combination of historical and anthropological sources.
• He is a member of prestigious royal societies such as the Royal Society of Biology (MRSB) and of Royal Society for Public Health (FRSPH), and over several more learned societies, Italian and international.
• At the University of Bologna he is also an adjunct professor of human anatomy (Ravenna Campus) teaching in the master’s degree in medicine and surgery.
• For his research he has received international recognition including a mention by Forbes Magazine.
• Editor of Vesalius journal, ISHM periodical.