University of Coimbra – Faculty of Pharmacy
Researcher & collaborator of CEIS20
BRIEF HISTORY OF CANNABIS IN PORTUGAL (16th-21st CENTURIES)
• Catarina I.C. Paiva has a degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra (2004)
• She completed a Master’s Degree in Toxicology at the University of Aveiro (2008)
• Postgraduate in Pharmacy and Medicinal Products Law at the Biomedical Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Coimbra (2014).
• Specialist in Community Pharmacy (2009),
• Her professional experience has developed in this area, and between 2014 and 2020 she was involved in the creation and development of her own business.
• The need to reflect on her professional career and her role as a public health agent and medication specialist brought her to the doctorate in Pharmaceutical Sciences, which she is attending since 2019, at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, in the area of Socio-Pharmacy.
• She is a researcher-collaborator of CEIS20 – Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies, at the University of Coimbra (2021).