Department of History and Philosophy of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, UNAM
Head of the Department
Paper Title: THE LARREY MEDICAL-SURGICAL ASSOCIATION IN MEXICO, 1874
• Doctor in History (UNAM). Teacher in the Medical Surgeon Career, undergraduate and postgraduate. Subjects: History of Medicine and Bioethics.
• Head of the Department of History and Philosophy of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, UNAM. Specialized in Mexican medicine in the 18th and 19th centuries.
• President of the Mexican Society of History and Philosophy of Medicine in 2005-2006.
• She belongs to the National Academy of Medicine of Mexico, the Mexican Academy of Surgery, the Mexican Academy of Sciences, the Mexican National Academy of Bioethics, and the International Society for the History of Medicine, among other.
• Author of books, chapters and articles.
• Book titles: “La Escuela Nacional de Medicina, 1833-1910)”, “El Consejo de Salubridad General y las epidemias”, “Publicaciones periódicas de Medicina en la ciudad de México, 1772-1914”.