Researcher in the field of Ancient History and Archeology
Iasi Institute of Archeology of the Romanian Academy
• Graduate of advanced studies courses (Master) – “Ancient and Medieval History Sources of Romanians” – Faculty of History of the “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iasi with highest grade.
• Master in Political Sciences – “Local and Public Systems and Policies“ at the Faculty of Philosophy of the “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iasi.
•Doctor in history (2008) – Doctoral Thesis on the “Genesis and evolution of Roman urban settlements from the Lower Danube (1st-3rd centuries AD)“.
• Specialisation also abroad in numerous dedicated centers in Italy, Bulgaria, Turkey, United Kingdom, Hungary; Israel; Austria; France, China; Serbia.
• Experienced scientific researcher and coordinator of research activities, particularly concerning preventive archeology
• Coordinator of excavations on various archeological sites
• Participation in national and international projects and grants, scientific events
“A.D. Xenopol” Prize of the Romanian Academy (2012); “Clio” Prize for young historians (2010); “Adrian Rădulescu” Prize of the Ministry of Culture and Cults (2005).
• Member in evaluation Commissions and Editorial Committees.
• Member of national and international specialty organizations, commissions and scientific societies: Union Internationale des Sciences Préhistoriques et Protohistoriques; European Association of Archaeologists among many others.
• Author of papers on the history of Ancient Medicine: Facilities and medical staff of the Lower Danubian Roman Army; Healthcare and Medicine in Moesia Inferior; Physicians and medicine in the Roman Army of Moesia Inferior; Being a physician in Moesia Inferior; Instruments médicaux romains provenus de la province Mésie Inférieure etc